Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. Which film was not directed by Steven Spielberg: (a) Bridge of Spies
; (b) Minority Report
; or (c) The Departed
(c) The Departed (directed by Martin Scorsese).
2. The winner of the US Masters golf tournament is presented with a jacket of what colour?
3. Klara and the Sun
is which Nobel prize and Booker Prize winner’s latest novel? (Bonus point for naming the novel for which this author won the Booker Prize.)
Kazuo Ishiguro. (Bonus point: The Remains of the Day.)
4. Who was Henry VIII’s first wife?
5. Punta Gallinas, the northernmost point of mainland South America, is in which country?
6. When setting up a chess board, is a queen placed on her matching or opposite colour?
7. The headquarters of the OECD are in which city?
8. In chemistry, a law named for whom states equal volumes of gases under the same conditions of temperature and pressure will contain equal numbers of molecules?
9. Which 1939 Billie Holiday song has been covered by Nina Simone, Jeff Buckley, Sting and Siouxsie and the Banshees?
10. The Tet Offensive occurred during which war?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Apr 10, 2021 as "Who was Henry VIII’s first wife?Test your general knowledge with our weekly quiz.".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.