Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. What deadline has the United States government set for the withdrawal of all American troops from Afghanistan?
2. True or false: iron-rich haemoglobin makes blood red?
3. “But I have promises to keep, / And miles to go before I sleep, / And miles to go before I sleep” is a line from a poem by Robert …? (Bonus point for naming the poem.)
Frost. (Bonus point: “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening”.)
4. Name five of the seven von Trapp children from the film The Sound of Music
Five from Liesl, Friedrich, Louisa, Kurt, Brigitta, Marta and Gretl.
5. In Scrabble, each player starts with how many tiles?
6. According to the saying, a fool and his money are soon …?
7. On May 1, 1931, the Empire State Building opened in New York City. How many storeys is it: (a) 85; (b) 102; or (c) 144?
8. The mathematical equation (-12) - (-6) = …?
9. Name the Western Australian tennis player who won her maiden WTA Tour title in Charleston, South Carolina, last month.
10. Which actress is named in the first verse of the Mark Ronson song “Uptown Funk”?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
May 1, 2021 as "In Scrabble, each player starts with how many tiles?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.