Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. Who stars in, and makes her directorial debut with, the film Land
2. Which Iranian city is considered to be Iran’s main centre of Shiite religious scholarship: (a) Qom; (b) Shiraz; or (c) Isfahan? (Bonus point for naming the capital of Iran.)
(a) Qom. (Bonus point: Tehran.)
3. Who is the author of the book A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to Black Holes
4. Harold Salvage is the subject of Sunbaker
, by which Australian photographer?
5. In the 1997 song “Tubthumping” by Chumbawamba, in what order are the drinks drunk?
Whisky, vodka, lager, cider.
6. What is numismatics the study or collection of?
Coins, banknotes, medals.
7. What is the three-letter IATA code for the main international airport in Paris?
8. Which sport was this month rocked by allegations from former Australian Institute of Sport athletes of child physical, psychological and sexual abuse?
9. Name the recently re-elected Tasmanian premier.
10. What is half of 4 x 8 + 27 - 13?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
May 15, 2021 as "In the 1997 song “Tubthumping” by Chumbawamba, in what order are the drinks drunk?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.