Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. Which author wrote, “The world breaks everyone … It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially”?
Ernest Hemingway (from A Farewell to Arms).
2. Muslims use which Arabic word to describe food that is permissible?
3. Who plays the titular role in the film Cruella
? (Bonus points for Cruella’s surname and naming the 1956 novel the character originated from.)
Emma Stone. (Bonus points: de Vil; The Hundred and One Dalmatians.)
4. What is the largest inhabited island of the Whitsundays?
5. The Native American Geronimo, who fought in resistance to both the United States and Mexican military, was a leader of which people?
6. Which French expression is defined as a feeling of pride and mutual loyalty shared by members of a group?
7. Which university awards Pulitzer prizes?
8. The periodic table has how many confirmed elements: (a) 87; (b) 103; or (c) 118?
9. Name the countries in the Five Eyes intelligence alliance.
Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Britain and the United States.
10. Which club made this month’s final of both the men’s and women’s UEFA Champions League?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
May 22, 2021 as "Which university awards Pulitzer prizes?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.