Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. In Italian cooking, the flavour base soffritto is made by sautéing onion, carrot and what other vegetable?
2. True or false: Madison Square Garden was named after a United States president?
True (named after James Madison, the fourth president of the United States).
3. What is the name for a male rabbit and for a female rabbit?
4. Which actress links the characters Lisa Fremont, Tracy Lord and Frances Stevens?
5. In the popular nursery rhyme “One, two, three, four, five”, which finger did the fish bite?
The little finger on the right hand.
6. In computing, the acronym RAM stands for what access memory?
7. In what year will Halley’s Comet again be visible from Earth with the naked eye: (a) 2061; (b) 2066; or (c) 2071? (Bonus point for naming the year it was last visible.)
(a) 2061. (Bonus point: 1986.)
8. The capital city of which of these countries comes last alphabetically: Croatia, Serbia or Bosnia and Herzegovina?
9. Pulmonary relates to which body part?
10. Which two formula one drivers have been on the top of the podium for the first five grands prix of the 2021 season?
Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton.
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
May 29, 2021 as "True or false: Madison Square Garden was named after a United States president?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.