Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. Complete the popular expression: A dime a … (Bonus point for naming how many US cents a dime is worth.)
Dozen. (Bonus point: 10 cents.)
2. A tool to punch leather is called: (a) a mallet; (b) a bevel; or (c) an awl?
3. What is the largest continent in the world?
4. Uttering which Shakespeare play’s name aloud in a theatre is said to cause bad luck?
5. In which country did the game mahjong originate?
6. Name the English physicist and chemist (1791-1867) who discovered electromagnetic induction and researched the principles of electrolysis?
7. What is the currency of Denmark?
8. Which Toni Collette film is based on the true story of a thoroughbred racehorse bred by a small-town Welsh bartender?
9. In the human body, the malar or zygomatic bone is also known as the …?
10. Which tennis player withdrew from the French Open due to concerns over their mental health?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jun 12, 2021 as "In which country did the game mahjong originate?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.