Test your general knowledge with our weekly quiz.
1. In relation to diamonds, what are the 4Cs?
Carat, clarity, colour and cut.
2. Founded in London in 1844, the YMCA was originally known by what non-abbreviated name? (Bonus point for naming the group that released the 1978 song “Y.M.C.A.”)
Young Men’s Christian Association. (Bonus point: Village People.)
3. What beginning with ‘s’ is another name for Big Foot, a large, hairy creature thought to inhabit wilderness areas of the United States and Canada?
4. Is the process of a gas turning into a liquid called condensation or evaporation?
5. Who fronts the English rock band High Flying Birds?
6. According to the Bible, what is the opening phrase of the Ten Commandments?
7. April O’Neil is an ally and friend to which fictional superhero team?
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
8. Which Asian nation is a member of the G7 political forum?
9. Emily Seebohm and Cate Campbell have qualified for their fourth Olympic Games. Name the only Australian swimmer thus far to compete at four Olympics.
10. Who wrote the play An Ideal Husband
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jun 26, 2021 as "In relation to diamonds, what are the 4Cs?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.