Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. The official motto for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics is: (a) “United by Emotion”; (b) “A New World”; or (c) “All, Together”?
2. Who plays Aretha Franklin in the upcoming film Respect
? (Bonus point for naming the Franklin song that begins, “You’re a no good heartbreaker / You’re a liar and you’re a cheat …”)
Jennifer Hudson. (Bonus point: “I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You)”).
3. What beginning with ‘e’ is the name for a series of dots that indicates an intentional omission of a word or section of a text without altering its original meaning?
4. Who was the first person to be awarded two Nobel prizes?
5. Which sports jersey number links Michael Jordan, Lance Franklin, Shane Warne and David Beckham?
6. In which country was Lutheranism founded?
7. In chess, how many pieces does each player start a game with?
8. Who created The Vitruvian Man
9. In the United States, is an elementary school a primary or secondary school?
10. Who is Australia’s Home Affairs minister?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jul 10, 2021 as "Who was the first person to be awarded two Nobel prizes?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.