1. Psephology is the study of (a) reptiles; (b) peace; or (c) elections?
2. Odette and Odile are the lead characters in which ballet?
3. What is the botanical name for the male reproductive organ in flowering plants?
4. Which Australian town is home to the Big Prawn?
5. What is the medical term for lateral curvature of the spine?
6. Which country is home to the world’s only alpine parrot?
7. What gaseous alkane hydrocarbon is used to fly hot air balloons?
8. Who is the Greek equivalent of the Roman goddess Juno?
9. The city of Jaipur is the capital of which Indian state?
10. Panthera leo
is the Latin name for which animal?
11. Which side of the road do motorists drive on in Japan?
12. In 2010, who became Australia’s first saint?
13. The gemstone amethyst comes in shades of what colour?
14. Which newspaper is known for the slogan: “All the news that’s fit to print”?
15. What city does Table Mountain overlook?
16. Which New Zealand-born physicist is credited with splitting the atom?
17. What is the term for the clear covering of the front of the eye?
18. In which century did the Irish potato famine occur?
19. In what Olympic sport to competitors twizzle?
Ice dancing/figure skating.
20. What is the process used by plants and other organisms to convert light energy, normally from the sun, into chemical energy?
21. The Battle of Waterloo was fought in which present-day country?
22. What is the horticultural practice of training a tree or shrub to grow flat against a lattice wall?
23. What was the last thing to remain in Pandora’s box?
24. The top number of a fraction is called the …?
25. Who drafted the United States Declaration of Independence?
26. Pb is the symbol for which chemical element?
27. Cheviot, Polwarth and South Suffolk are all breeds of what animal?
28. What is the name of the latest film in the Terminator
29. What is the largest county in Ireland?
30. Name the chief minister of the Australian Capital Territory.
31. Brass is an alloy of copper and …?
32. In a medical situation, what does “CPR” stand for?
33. Where on a horse is the fetlock?
34. Which international airport’s code is FUK?
35. Who released the single “Space Oddity” nine days before the Apollo 11
moon landing in 1969?
36. What is the literal meaning of the Italian word linguine?
37. Mackenzie Arnold and Lydia Williams play which position for the Matildas?
38. The Arabian Sea lies in which ocean?
39. According to the nursery rhyme, Tuesday’s child is full of what?
40. Ganesh is a Hindu deity with the head of which animal?
41. What is 20 squared?
42. Harare, the capital city of Zimbabwe, was known by what name until 1982?
43. In what year did John Howard become prime minister of Australia?
44. What is the name for a nest of wasps?
45. Do red or white blood cells carry oxygen?
46. True or false: tamarin is a type of subtropical fruit?
False (it’s a type of monkey).
47. What is the French word for the number seven?
48. Star basketballer Ben Simmons plays for which NBA team?
49. What was the first name of Italian Fascist prime minister Mussolini?
50. The television series Ally McBeal
was set in which United States city?
51. Myocardial infarction describes what medical occurrence?
52. How many points are on the largest star of the Australian flag?
53. Which Australia Army rank is higher: lieutenant colonel, major or captain?
54. What famous building is located at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?
55. The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
is the subtitle of which Broadway musical?
56. British businesswoman and philanthropist Anita Roddick founded which well-known cosmetics franchise?
was the vessel of which acclaimed researcher?
58. What is the most malleable metal?
59. Who is known as the Father of Medicine?
60. Who is the wife of the entertainer born Shawn Carter?
61. Which chemical element has the atomic number two?
62. Name the 2020 Australian Open tennis singles champions.
Novak Djokovic and Sofia Kenin.
63. Which Shakespeare play inspired the musical West Side Story
64. Which has bigger ears – the African or Asian elephant?
65. The leaves of Camellia sinensis
are used to produce what?
66. Name the reigning Suncorp Super Netball champions.
67. What was the real first name of artist Pro Hart?
68. Who were the four coaches on the 2020 season of The Voice Australia
Delta Goodrem, Boy George, Kelly Rowland and Guy Sebastian.
69. Who won the 2020 season of The Voice Australia
70. People suffering from the medical condition bruxism do what excessively?
71. Which television series centres around a group of women whose children go to the same school in Monterey, California?
72. David Walsh founded what Hobart art museum?
MONA (Museum of Old and New Art).
73. “The Lord is my shepherd” begins which number psalm?
74. True or false: the hormone oestrogen is present in men?
75. What is the nickname of the character played by Tom Cruise in Top Gun
76. In what year of the 1920s did the Great Depression begin?
77. The island of Zanzibar lies off the coast of which African nation?
78. Which actress voiced Princess Fiona in the movie Shrek
79. Which US state is home to the headquarters of Apple?
80. Who wrote the opera Turandot
81. In which country is Catalan spoken?
82. What is the title of Taylor Swift’s eighth studio album, released in July 2020?
83. The Pillars of Islam call for how many daily prayers?
84. Which is the closest planet to the Sun to be orbited by a moon?
85. Katniss Everdeen is the protagonist of which fictional series?
86. How many years of marriage are celebrated on a silver wedding anniversary?
87. Which American city was devastated by an earthquake in 1906?
88. In kilometres (rounded), what is the metric equivalent of 10 miles?
89. The martial art kendo originated in which country?
90. Laser is an acronym of light amplification by stimulated …
91. Which condition affecting bone development in children is caused by a deficiency of vitamin D, calcium or phosphate?
92. What type of creature is Harry Potter’s pet Hedwig?
93. How many letter tiles (including blanks) are in a game of Scrabble?
94. What plant is the emblem of Encyclopaedia Britannica?
95. Tim Paine and Marnus Labuschagne are members of which Australian sports team?
Australian men’s Test cricket team.
96. Etymology is the study of what?
97. What is the name of the large, triangular bone at the base of the spine?
98. What was the real first name of designer Coco Chanel?
99. What is the zip code of the Los Angeles suburb Beverly Hills?
100. “When You Wish Upon a Star” is a song from which children’s film?